View Single Post
Old 03-21-2006, 07:03 PM   #1
Taeric
What is folding? Ask me.

Rep: 25 Taeric is on a distinguished road
Unique Rep: 10
Default Reputation Defined

Reputation Overview
- Reputation is a feature within the forum that allows members to acknowledge other members for leaving posts that are beneficial to the forum and it's membership as a whole.
- You can leave reputation by clicking on the button, which appears within each member’s postbit, every time they post.
- You have the option of leaving a comment along with your rating. This is highly encouraged.
- Your reputation will increase with every Rep you receive from other members.
- In the future, your reputation will appear in your postbit alongside each post you make.

Reputation Power
New members have a "power" of 1. Meaning, they will increase a members reputation by 1 point when they leave feedback for them. The higher your rep points, posts, days as a member etc., the higher your Reputation Power.

When should Rep be given?
Reputation should be given to members who make posts that are beneficial to the forum and its membership. When you give rep, keep in mind that members with a high rep will be perceived as "top members" in the forum. Give rep wisely!

When should it NOT be given?
Reputation SHOULD NOT be given for matters of personal gain. This includes giving rep to friends without good reasonor anything else that does not benefit the membership as a whole. Reps should not be given for help/advice/whatever give thought he PM system as it does not benefit the membership as a whole.

Reputation Etiquette
- Do not beg for rep.
- Do not hold grudges with rep. Give rep to ANYONE who posts something that deserves acknowledgement (if you would say "thanks" for similar advice offline, it's appropriate to give rep on the site).
- Do not create multiple accounts to give rep to yourself. You will get caught.
- Do not give rep to a post of a member just because you like them. The post itself should be worthy of the rep.

If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, please feel free to post here or PM me. To give proper credit, I largely stole this post from admin.

Last edited by admin; 08-25-2006 at 08:10 AM..

Taeric is offline Taeric's Gallery