DogForum.net | Dog Forums and Community
     
 
Home Gallery Register Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar Members List
Search
Go Back   DogForum.net | Dog Forums and Community > Dog Discussions > Puppies

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2013, 12:01 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 7

Rep: 10 anewbeginning88 is on a distinguished road
Unique Rep: 0
Default Whiney puppies

I heard if you have whiney new borns vitamin b supplements for the mother are best. Any advice???

So I'm also wondering if it could be the summer heat & the fact that pugs have a hard time with warm weather. Do we need to cool down the puppies in this particular season? They're only 16 days old so they can't regulate their own temperature. We try to keep it cool without any breezes to avoid getting them sick until we can get them their shots at the 6 week mark. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited by anewbeginning88; 08-24-2015 at 11:05 AM..

anewbeginning88 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 09:06 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Bigboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: UK: Stoke on trent
Posts: 13,349

Rep: 73 Bigboy will become famous soon enough
Unique Rep: 38
Default

Hi anewbeginining88 and welcome aboard to Df Pugs in general do suffer from breathing problems! If the room is big enough you could have a small fan on a low setting just to keep the pups cool but not blowing in their faces I would keep a window open slightly just to let fresh air into where the pups are! Can't help you on the vitaman B but some one with more knowledge should be able to help with this one!

Re: vaccinations while I am not sure when the first ones should be given the last ones should be done at 14-16 weeks as their mother will have
provided a good level of immunity from her milk. So check this with your vets first when to give the first vaccines which when all are done could easily provide >3 years of immunity. There are loads of threads on here and here is a link for New Puppy Owners: http://www.dogforum.net/healthcare/3...py-owners.html
regarding vaccinations and how long they last before renewal Don't forget they will need worming too! Any pics of these pups?
Enjoy the forum
__________________
" Iam chillin with the forum! "

Thanks Monkey! I been fleeced Thanks Skunkstripe. Dave

ATB!

Last edited by Bigboy; 06-01-2013 at 09:18 AM..

Bigboy is offline Bigboy's Gallery  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 10:11 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Bigboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: UK: Stoke on trent
Posts: 13,349

Rep: 73 Bigboy will become famous soon enough
Unique Rep: 38
Default

Just seen the pups in your profile pic Was there only 3? But they look lovely
__________________
" Iam chillin with the forum! "

Thanks Monkey! I been fleeced Thanks Skunkstripe. Dave

ATB!

Bigboy is offline Bigboy's Gallery  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 06:41 PM   #4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 7

Rep: 10 anewbeginning88 is on a distinguished road
Unique Rep: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigboy View Post
Hi anewbeginining88 and welcome aboard to Df Pugs in general do suffer from breathing problems! If the room is big enough you could have a small fan on a low setting just to keep the pups cool but not blowing in their faces I would keep a window open slightly just to let fresh air into where the pups are! Can't help you on the vitaman B but some one with more knowledge should be able to help with this one!

Re: vaccinations while I am not sure when the first ones should be given the last ones should be done at 14-16 weeks as their mother will have
provided a good level of immunity from her milk. So check this with your vets first when to give the first vaccines which when all are done could easily provide >3 years of immunity. There are loads of threads on here and here is a link for New Puppy Owners: http://www.dogforum.net/healthcare/3...py-owners.html
regarding vaccinations and how long they last before renewal Don't forget they will need worming too! Any pics of these pups?
Enjoy the forum
Thank you for the response. A lot of good info in there. We have the window open a bit & we turned the fan on today when the temperature got even warmer. We have a make shift border atm, but were picking up a bigger metal one from our local pet shop now that the pups are getting pretty decent at getting on all fours. We talked to a vet when they were first born he didn't say anything about vaccinations, but we didn't of course. I assumed it would on the internet somewhere and from what I've seen so far it seems to be six weeks. I'll check with our vet though just to make sure. Thank you for the link. I'm looking forward to getting the worming done. I'd hate to see that happen to them.

anewbeginning88 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 06:46 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 7

Rep: 10 anewbeginning88 is on a distinguished road
Unique Rep: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigboy View Post
Just seen the pups in your profile pic Was there only 3? But they look lovely
There were four originally, but one passed on the the second night. It was a pure black one.

It's kind of odd how their colours match up. One light brown, one dark brown and the last one black. And the two brown ones both have a shade of black going down their centre back side. Thank you. They're adorable, especially now that they can see and hear. The attempted walking doesn't hurt any either.

Last edited by anewbeginning88; 06-01-2013 at 06:51 PM..

anewbeginning88 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 06:49 PM   #6
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 7

Rep: 10 anewbeginning88 is on a distinguished road
Unique Rep: 0
Default

I posted another msg, not sure if it's awaiting approval or if something happened to the msg itself.

anewbeginning88 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 07:12 PM   #7
Forum Director
 
JGLI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 10,458

Rep: 96 JGLI will become famous soon enough
Unique Rep: 50
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewbeginning88 View Post
I posted another msg, not sure if it's awaiting approval or if something happened to the msg itself.
Your posts are not moderated and I am unable to find any other posts under any other threads. Did you submit it correctly?
__________________
Help us Help you! Read and understand the Terms of Service, report offensive posts and Forum Reputation.
Helpful Tips - in our FAQ Section and Newbie Guide.
Connect with DogForum.org members - Add yourself to the dogforum.net member map.chat with us!
Things to do - Start a blog. Be sure to visit the DogForum.net photo gallery Let's see YOU!
Use your computer to benefit mankind - join the DogForum.org Folding Team.

JGLI is offline JGLI's Gallery  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 08:46 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Dunbar's Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 3,736

Rep: 50 Dunbar's Mom will become famous soon enough
Unique Rep: 11
Default

Welcome to the forum. I too saw the pups on your profile. They are precious. Bigboy gave you some good info and links. We have only had one litter of pups and that was years ago, but I do remember that we didn't get their first vaccinations until they were about 3 or 4 months old. Can't remember exactly.

Dunbar's Mom is offline Dunbar's Mom's Gallery  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 09:50 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Posts: 8,499

Rep: 56 DeeLind7 will become famous soon enough
Unique Rep: 29
Default

Welcome to the Forum!!!! The pups sure are cute.

DeeLind7 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 02:42 AM   #10
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 7

Rep: 10 anewbeginning88 is on a distinguished road
Unique Rep: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGLI View Post
Your posts are not moderated and I am unable to find any other posts under any other threads. Did you submit it correctly?
It showed up for me finally. I'm referring to the longer post. Maybe it took longer to load because the msg itself was longer?

anewbeginning88 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:54 PM.

Shogun Interactive Development Copyright 2006-2015 Shogun Interactive Development. All rights reserved.