DogForum.net | Dog Forums and Community
     
 
Home Gallery Register Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar Members List
Search
Go Back   DogForum.net | Dog Forums and Community > Dog Breeds > General Dog Breed Discussion

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2007, 01:11 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: North Massapequa
Posts: 9,812

Rep: 131 Monkey will become famous soon enoughMonkey will become famous soon enough
Unique Rep: 65
Default Breeders, your opinion on this...

I found a kennel with a big variety in blood lines... that I like.. I belive in outbreeding..

Then I realize, not all past dogs has hd free, and they have not stated hd status on all of their dogs on the page. THEIR dogs has no wins what so ever taken AFTER they have bought them. They buy them already competed with. and now they are using a SHOW winning male (OBS working breed) on THREE different females in the SAME kennel.

am I alone to react on this?? sure the male has a lot of nice prices, and he has BH and sch lv1 that is good though but they promote the show wins more than the temper and inside, and then use him on three different females without even waiting for the outcome of one litter?

As I said, if there is something about breeding Im missing that I do not know about, my appologuise. I just feel it is a lot of females to breed with just cause it is a good dog. Please enlighten me..
__________________
I love dogs cause they do not lie.

"I'm chillin' with the forum!

"I've been fleeced by Draco!"
"I've been fleeced by JGLI"

Monkey is offline Monkey's Gallery  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 02:50 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
applesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Arizona
Posts: 6,612

Rep: 332 applesmom is a jewel in the roughapplesmom is a jewel in the roughapplesmom is a jewel in the roughapplesmom is a jewel in the rough
Unique Rep: 78
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey View Post
I found a kennel with a big variety in blood lines... that I like.. I belive in outbreeding..

Then I realize, not all past dogs has hd free, and they have not stated hd status on all of their dogs on the page. THEIR dogs has no wins what so ever taken AFTER they have bought them. They buy them already competed with. and now they are using a SHOW winning male (OBS working breed) on THREE different females in the SAME kennel.

am I alone to react on this?? sure the male has a lot of nice prices, and he has BH and sch lv1 that is good though but they promote the show wins more than the temper and inside, and then use him on three different females without even waiting for the outcome of one litter?

As I said, if there is something about breeding Im missing that I do not know about, my appologuise. I just feel it is a lot of females to breed with just cause it is a good dog. Please enlighten me..
You're right to be concerned. Can you post the url to their website so we can take a look and share our thoughts and/or concerns?

applesmom is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 03:12 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: North Massapequa
Posts: 9,812

Rep: 131 Monkey will become famous soon enoughMonkey will become famous soon enough
Unique Rep: 65
Default

am I allowed to??? *a bit insecure*
*runs to check the rules*

Ok I read the rules and I cant find anything against it, I think...
These breeders might be ok, I just feel it is weird they dont have any litters or puppies from their own breeding etc. For me it means that they are not familiar with their own lines and therefor someone I would not be comfortable to buy a puppy from since I want to compete in areas where I have no expertise so I want someone to lean on.
How is hip and elbow xrayed shortened on the american pedigrees?? (I cant really understand when looking at other sites). and mods I do not mean to be mean but this kennel IS confusing for me. I want a good dog but the american way of doing things according to several rottiesites Ive been on (at least what I guess the not so serious ones) is that they import good dogs, massbreed, sell expensive puppies (that prolly are good) and then just turn around and sell the grown dogs since the grown dogs often are for sale too this to earn money on puppies and the grown dogs without having to do the work themselves. Am I wrong or?? cause honestly this is what it looks like to me since they dont have any of their own lines or hardly even a kennel name...
and again, sorry if Im wrong but this is how they do come across for me..
Here is the link:
http://www.worldclassrottweilers.com...ERLITTERS.html

Sorry again if I did wrong..
*runs and hide*
__________________
I love dogs cause they do not lie.

"I'm chillin' with the forum!

"I've been fleeced by Draco!"
"I've been fleeced by JGLI"

Last edited by Monkey; 04-23-2007 at 03:21 AM..

Monkey is offline Monkey's Gallery  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 03:35 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Mahooli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Somersetshire, England
Posts: 213

Rep: 17 Mahooli is on a distinguished road
Unique Rep: 6
Default

Outcrossing is a good thing if done properly, constant outcrossing will result dogs of all different types. The point of line breeding is that you fix traits into your line that you like and remove those that you don't. Just buying in winning dogs and breeding from them is not someone who is genuinely interested in the breed but someone who wants to make money out of breeding dogs
Becky
__________________
Love is a Posse of Poodles and Percy!
(I've been Frosted ! & Sprung and Scorched !)

Mahooli is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 03:40 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: North Massapequa
Posts: 9,812

Rep: 131 Monkey will become famous soon enoughMonkey will become famous soon enough
Unique Rep: 65
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Outcrossing is a good thing if done properly, constant outcrossing will result dogs of all different types. The point of line breeding is that you fix traits into your line that you like and remove those that you don't. Just buying in winning dogs and breeding from them is not someone who is genuinely interested in the breed but someone who wants to make money out of breeding dogs
Becky
I have to agree that is somewhat Im feeling too.
and there seem to be a lot of them kennels..
Others Ive seen have dogs that look like.. sh** etc. Like the tan marks non exsisting, they are too sotty (or how u spell it), they have long bodies, skinny, fat, weird heads and ears and people BREED on them.
*shivers* Me no like...
__________________
I love dogs cause they do not lie.

"I'm chillin' with the forum!

"I've been fleeced by Draco!"
"I've been fleeced by JGLI"

Monkey is offline Monkey's Gallery  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 03:40 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
applesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Arizona
Posts: 6,612

Rep: 332 applesmom is a jewel in the roughapplesmom is a jewel in the roughapplesmom is a jewel in the roughapplesmom is a jewel in the rough
Unique Rep: 78
Default

What you're looking for is a respected breeder that has been around for a long time and sucessfully competes with their dogs in the areas you want to get into. Even from the best and most ethical breeders, it's very difficult to find a puppy that will be both a show dog and a competition dog

After a quick glance at the website, they are just selling pets since they do absolutely nothing with their dogs other than to breed them and sell puppies to anyone that has the cash.

applesmom is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 03:44 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: North Massapequa
Posts: 9,812

Rep: 131 Monkey will become famous soon enoughMonkey will become famous soon enough
Unique Rep: 65
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by applesmom View Post
What you're looking for is a respected breeder that has been around for a long time and sucessfully competes with their dogs in the areas you want to get into. Even from the best and most ethical breeders, it's very difficult to find a puppy that will be both a show dog and a competition dog

After a quick glance at the website, they are just selling pets since they do absolutely nothing with their dogs other than to breed them and sell puppies to anyone that has the cash.
Just as I suspected..
well I dont care so much about show.. if I can get that too Im happy. Just that I want a working buddy. A few years back I had an old dobe I resuced. He had been through 11 homes and sever abuse so I ended up keeping him. We started a search and rescue group just for fun and we did have fun, then he got diagnosed with cancer and I had to put him down. I only had him for 2 years, he was 6 when I got him so. That got me hooked on working dogs, so therefor the mentality IS the most important part btu I want to compete in everything I can to see how far I can take the dog. Cause a lot is also how good I AM on motivating the dog to DO what I want him/her to do. Well Her, I am a female dog person.

I sent you a kennel in a pm where I asked for your opinion since you do have so many years experience in breeding. Please let me know what you think.
Thanks again guys for the answers cause to be honest.. I am a tad confused with all the american terms and way of doing things...

I dont know what I would do without this site...
__________________
I love dogs cause they do not lie.

"I'm chillin' with the forum!

"I've been fleeced by Draco!"
"I've been fleeced by JGLI"

Monkey is offline Monkey's Gallery  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 10:37 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
BoxMeIn21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 766

Rep: 61 BoxMeIn21 will become famous soon enough
Unique Rep: 23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey View Post
Yep - this site smells like a total BYB - I didn't even see any health testing done either. I would run, far, far away. Do you know what health tests should be done on Rotties?
__________________

ERIN
So close to being cured...

BoxMeIn21 is offline BoxMeIn21's Gallery  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 04:28 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: North Massapequa
Posts: 9,812

Rep: 131 Monkey will become famous soon enoughMonkey will become famous soon enough
Unique Rep: 65
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxMeIn21 View Post
Yep - this site smells like a total BYB - I didn't even see any health testing done either. I would run, far, far away. Do you know what health tests should be done on Rotties?
well I know what is required in Sweden with approved mental test, elbows, hips and the heart... as far of what Ive understood it is similar here.
But that is the thing.. Im not sure about how you short the names etc.
so for me it is a bit confusing... *lol*
__________________
I love dogs cause they do not lie.

"I'm chillin' with the forum!

"I've been fleeced by Draco!"
"I've been fleeced by JGLI"

Monkey is offline Monkey's Gallery  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 04:52 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
sheplovr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: U.S.
Posts: 9,482

Rep: 230 sheplovr has a spectacular aura aboutsheplovr has a spectacular aura aboutsheplovr has a spectacular aura about
Unique Rep: 88
Default

GOSH I must say the Rottys are a dandy to look at photos. THe male used is very nice and could be in competition.?
If they are selling pet Quality only and have much faith in their male, I must say I cannot blame them for using him. Beauty is in the Eyes of the Beholder, so be it the dogs look pretty nice.
I have been taught line breeding to better stock no closer than third generation, but I never do this, NO inbreeding, I do not Title my dogs as I cannot travel at near 69 yrs. old, I have not kept any pups to even send out. It does take many litters to get both show, breeder and competetion Quality.
__________________


"Don't make the mistake of treating your dogs like humans, or they'll treat you like dogs."



~PAT~


Last edited by skunkstripe; 04-23-2007 at 04:56 PM..

sheplovr is offline sheplovr's Gallery  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:47 PM.

Shogun Interactive Development Copyright 2006-2015 Shogun Interactive Development. All rights reserved.