View Single Post
Old 07-02-2006, 11:54 PM   #10
Taeric
What is folding? Ask me.

Rep: 25 Taeric is on a distinguished road
Unique Rep: 10

Forum Directors are souped up moderators. The term "moderator" gives the impression that the position involves only handling the business side of things - cleaning up posts, addressing disputes, etc. The title (and position) of Forum Director includes all of the duties of a mod but also includes projects selected by the management team as a whole and by the individual directors that help to shape the forum. On most forums, my position would be called "super moderator".

In time we will have a whole host of Directors who have responsibilities for one or more forums. Right now, though, the forum is still small, so we're just looking for one member with an interest in a wide range of areas. I imagine the next addition will include more people, but that really depends on the growth of the site. It seems like I just welcomed our 500th member a few days ago, and we had 598 already when I logged in just now.

Anyway, rest assured that we will have as many directors as the workload permits. Having too many will have us tripping all over each other, and having too few will not give proper attention and supervision to the site. This first Forum Director position will have seniority, though, being the first, so it may come along with additional perks for the member who gets in early.
Things to do - Start a blog. Be sure to visit the DogForum.org photo gallery
This Month's Winner! The DogForum.org Surprise! Monthly Contest has been announced.
Use your computer to benefit mankind - join the DogForum.org Folding Team.

Last edited by Taeric; 07-02-2006 at 11:56 PM..

Taeric is offline Taeric's Gallery