View Single Post
Old 03-31-2016, 06:31 PM   #1
Sls318

Rep: 10 Sls318 is on a distinguished road
Unique Rep: 0
Default Hard time making the decision

Hi, I am lucky to have had my Gus for the past 13 years. He's a 92lb golden retriever who loves life. The problem is his body is failing him...I live in a townhome with a lot of stairs and he has started to refuse going up. I can push him but cannot lift him. He has to get up two small flights for our living space. I can tell he is in pain, he has a skip when he walks and his legs give out making him fall or trip. He is on truprofen and tramadol and has grandmal seizures monthly. I know if I lived in a ranch home we would have more time and that is killing me. I don't want to wait until he is in devastating pain but I also feel he has so much life left in his personality. I'm really struggling with what to do. I've been sleeping on the couch so he doesn't have to go up the extra set of stairs but when I shower, he is sad not being with me. Has anyone had a happy dog at the end of their life? It would be a different story if he was depressed or not eating, please share your thoughts. He is my life! Thank you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (32.9 KB, 9 views)