View Single Post
Old 06-01-2015, 05:54 PM   #48
JGLI
Forum Director

Rep: 96 JGLI will become famous soon enough
Unique Rep: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desdemona View Post
I plan on getting two small dogs, so size shouldn't be an issue. I read in another forum that crating dogs together can lead to problems. Especially if they are locked in. If they both choose to hang out in a open door crate, then its not a big deal. So, I am planning on two. I can put them right next to the two dogs and they can cuddle through the wire, as uncozy as that sounds. When I do adopt I'll find out how the dogs have been kept prior to me bringing them home as well. I'm assuming that the more familiar you can make their new home the better.. just like transitioning little kids
I agree with the idea of using two crates as well. When I had two dogs, they each regarded their crate as "their own" space where they could go for some quiet time or a nap. I also had both crates next to each other which worked out fine. I think all the 'pre-adoption homework' you are doing is just fantastic!
Things to do - Start a blog. Be sure to visit the DogForum.net photo gallery Let's see YOU!
Use your computer to benefit mankind - join the DogForum.org Folding Team.

JGLI is offline JGLI's Gallery