View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 08:58 PM   #8
Kaos

Rep: 264 Kaos is a jewel in the roughKaos is a jewel in the roughKaos is a jewel in the rough
Unique Rep: 68

Honestly I am surprised you are even contemplating dealing with that rescue after your previous experience. Unfortunately knowingly adopting out dangerous dogs has a huge impact on reputation and damages the chances of future dogs from finding good homes.

Three dogs and a small child sounds like a lot to deal with to me. Ask yourself how you will be able to manage walking them all along with a pushchair. Will you have time to devote to training the new dog? How will you manage space if they need to be separated at times?

If you decide you really are ready for another dog, then you have to ask whether this dog is a good fit for your household and circumstances. Bouncy wouldn't overly deter me, given that training, management and appropriate exercise can deal with that. However, given that you have doubts about that rescues assessments of the dogs, I would recommend hiring a good training familiar with behaviour assessments to independently assess the dog before you make a decision.