View Single Post
Old 01-02-2007, 01:49 PM   #1
ACooper

Rep: 10 ACooper is on a distinguished road
Unique Rep: 0
Default Hello from La Porte, Indiana

Hi, I live in La Porte, Indiana-USA, with my husband, 5 kids, and 2 dogs. Yes it is a house full! Our oldest dog is a border collie mix that we rescued from the pound 7 years ago when she was nearly a year old, she had many behavior problems......chewing, digging, all the things young dogs do without proper guidance, which is probably how she found herself homeless. She is now growing on 8 and is the most obedient dog I have ever seen. This dog is my oldest son's dog and her name is Phoebe.
Our other dog is an AKC doberman that was saved from a horrible BYB (back yard breeder) as a puppy. He was supposedly the "runt" and didn't sell, he was bloated with worms and barely able to walk. At 11 weeks old he only weighed 10 pounds, which is about half of what he should've weighed. I think the breeder was just going to let him die rather than spend the money to get him medical care. He is now 8 months old, he weighs 65 pounds,(still slightly under sized) and is sleek and shiney and is very loved & spoiled. He is my dog.
I have always owned and loved dogs since early childhood, I have always wanted to "save" every dog I felt was in need, but Dobermans have always held a special place in my heart and always will.