Thread: Agility trial
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2011, 01:29 AM   #10
agilityk9trainer

Rep: 217 agilityk9trainer has a spectacular aura aboutagilityk9trainer has a spectacular aura aboutagilityk9trainer has a spectacular aura about
Unique Rep: 59

Grats on a good time and your Q!!! It was hot here at this weekend's agility trials with temps in the upper 90s and heat indexes into the 100s. It caused a lot of the dogs to run under course time, and some wouldn't run at all!! They can relate to your speed issues in the heat.

My Aslan ran his last run in regular height agility (12" for him) this weekend. I'm moving him down into the Preferred class usually populated by the Grizzled Veterans. It's a bit of an emotional move as it is a nod to his advancing age. He went out with a bang with a Double Q and a First and Second Place on his last day. I'm working on a video with clips from Aslan's last two weekends at 12" coming soon.

Asher had an exciting run off for First place in umpers with Weaves. He ran the fastest in the run off but dropped a bar, so our good friend who ran clean beat us, which is perfectly fine. His dog and Asher are so evenly matched in speed, it's a bit eerie. We may have run offs again in the future. The crowd got into it and cheered us on, making it even more fun. I have video of this Q and will post it some time in the future.
Laika NAJ, CGC (American Eskimo 1997 - 2012)

agilityk9trainer is offline agilityk9trainer's Gallery