View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 07:08 PM   #1
jurassicbark

Rep: 10 jurassicbark is on a distinguished road
Unique Rep: 0
Talking When you found out the breeds of your mix, were you surprised?

Hi everyone! Long time lurker, first time poster

I just got back from the dog park with my newly adopted dog, Leela. My boyfriend and I adopted her from the SPCA a week ago. She's about a year old and is the sweetest angel puppy <3

We knew she was a pug mix of some type (the snoring! the snorting! the snacking!), but we couldn't figure out the other breed(s) that she was mixed with! The shelter suggested pug/Boston terrier, but she didn't look like any of the ones I saw on Google Images. I tried a bunch of different searches, but nothing looked right. Then, today at the dog park, there was a boy dog who could have been her twin!

It turns out that she is a pug/French bulldog mix. What a pleasant surprise! Obviously, we can't know with 100% certainty without a DNA test, but the dog could have been her clone, so we're fairly certain We don't have any really good pictures of her yet, but she looks very similar to this dog here: http://farm1.static.flickr.com/63/17...3726f26f3c.jpg

If you have a mixed-breed dog who used to be a "mystery," and you later found out what mix he or she was, share your story!