Thread: Puppy questions
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2007, 09:59 PM   #2
Doberman's

Rep: 304 Doberman's is a jewel in the roughDoberman's is a jewel in the roughDoberman's is a jewel in the roughDoberman's is a jewel in the rough
Unique Rep: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcaInspired View Post
Okay guys this is the first time I've owned a puppy (weird huh?) so I have a few questions about them. Haha.

First question.
At what age should she start eating dry puppy food? Right now she is on wet food and she is around 8 weeks old.

You can start her now on dry puppy food, if she is having trouble wet it down and let her eat it that way. Keep her on the wet for awhile too.

Quote:
Second question.
At what age will she be able to 'hold it'. It seems that right now she only knows she needs to potty when she needs to go. I think that's pretty normal for a pup but how long will this last?
Some pups are better at then others but as time goes on they can go longer and longer. Probably safe at 6 months for a few hours.

Quote:
Question Three.
She's around 5 lbs right now (and as I said 8 weeks old). How big do you guys think she'll get?

I miss what kind of dog she was..I will go look at the pics.

Quote:
Question Four.
At what age should I begin leash\obedience training?

Okay, I think that's all.
Thanks guys
NOw! She will learn slowly right now because her attention span is short BUT she will learn.

Doberman's is offline Doberman's's Gallery